The Personal Auto Policy And Medical Payments Coverage


Many of you do not have medical coverage on your auto insurance policies. It only raises your monthly payment by a couple of dollars and it can bring you more peace of mind than you know.
Let me tell you a story about how medical coverage kept me from stressing about the well being of my unborn baby. My husband and I were traveling from Farmington, NM to Phoenix, AZ when we got hit by a drunk driver. Our car was totaled. Luckily, no one was seriously injured, but I was 8 weeks pregnant. The medical coverage on our insurance paid for me to get three more sonograms during my first two trimesters that my private insurance would not have paid for. Being a first time mom can be stressful enough without adding the worry about side effects from an accident. The medical coverage from the insurance allowed me to get a sonogram at 10 weeks pregnant. Being able to count my baby's fingers and toes gave me some relief, but I knew that the effects of a traumatic experience could have other effects on my baby that may not show up right away; so over the course of the next several weeks I got two more sonograms and was reassured by the healthy growth and positive feedback from my doctor.
Now, I realize that most of you will never be in the same situation I found myself in at that time, but medical coverage on your auto insurance can also help you pay for any co-pays that would otherwise be out-of-pocket. Co-pays can range anywhere from ten to fifty dollars per visit. Additionally, the medical payments coverage will also pay for the coinsurance limit. It is not uncommon to have a five thousand dollar coinsurance limit depending on the private insurance company. The injuries that you have, and the doctors that you see can also affect your total out of pocket expenses. While medical insurance may limit the doctor that you can see and the procedures that are paid for there is no such limitation on your Medical Payment coverage.
So before you decide to save a few dollars every month by not adding medical to your policy, take a look at your private insurance co-pays and out-of-pocket expenses and make sure that you can afford, at any given time, to pay the max amount you would need for serious injuries.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8483670

0 comments: